GRASS Disinfo Brief: Putin's War of Choice – a new weekly newsletter monitoring Russian disinformation and propaganda narratives in Georgia on Putin's war against Ukraine. Prepared by the Georgia's Reforms Associates (GRASS) team with the support of Open Information Partnership (OIP), the GRASS Disinfo Brief aims to provide readers with monitoring and analysis of key Kremlin disinformation messages disseminated in Georgia. The areas covered by the newsletter include Russia’s information manipulation about the military developments in Ukraine, Moscow’s unconvincing attempts to justify the unprovoked invasion, false narratives regarding economic sanctions imposed on Russia and the military aid provided to Ukraine. The GRASS Disinfo Brief also highlights the propaganda disseminated in Georgia's Russian-occupied regions of Abkhazia and Tskhinvali as well as the disinformation targeting ethnic minorities and promoting pro-Russian sentiments in the country.
TOPICS OF THIS ISSUE
• Fearmongering by War Expanding into Georgia
• Propaganda continues claiming that the Russians are not treated well in Georgia
• Discrediting Georgia's Pro-Western Foreign Policy Course
• Russian Propaganda Justifies the War, Blames Ukraine for War Crimes and (Almost) Celebrates Victory
• Kremlin wants to impose “Ukraine Fatigue” on the West
• For the Kremlin Propaganda Sanctions still only hurt the West