GRASS Disinfo Brief: Putin's War of Choice – a new weekly newsletter monitoring Russian disinformation and propaganda narratives in Georgia on Putin's war against Ukraine. Prepared by the Georgia's Reforms Associates (GRASS) team with the support of Open Information Partnership (OIP), the GRASS Disinfo Brief aims to provide readers with monitoring and analysis of key Kremlin disinformation messages disseminated in Georgia. The areas covered by the newsletter include Russia’s information manipulation about the military developments in Ukraine, Moscow’s unconvincing attempts to justify the unprovoked invasion, false narratives regarding economic sanctions imposed on Russia and the military aid provided to Ukraine. The GRASS Disinfo Brief also highlights the propaganda disseminated in Georgia's Russian-occupied regions of Abkhazia and Tskhinvali as well as the disinformation targeting ethnic minorities and promoting pro-Russian sentiments in the country.
TOPICS OF THIS ISSUE
• Military Situation on the Ground through Kremlin Lenses in the Holy Crusade against Nazism
• Ukrainian Refugees Always on Disinformers’ Mind
• For Kremlin the West Imposed Economic Sanctions on itself rather than Russia
• Propaganda Narratives Regarding Military Aid to Ukraine
• Fearmongering Narrative of the War Expanding Beyond Ukraine into Georgia
• Attention, Moscow is Speaking - Russian Disinformation on Facebook and Instagram